Noblesville Transportation Facility
The District decided to build a state of art facility ($10.5 million - 27,000 sq. foot) that would have six maintenance bus lifts, three fuel islands and one indoor bus washing facility. The project was started in May 2017 and operations began over the winter break of 2017.
The CSUSA Indiana Team:
· Installed 3,000 linear feet of underground drainage piping, 620’ linear feet of 8” wide trench drains with extra heavy steel grates.
· Installed overhead plumbing systems that contained: natural gas, compressed air, domestic water, sanitary vent piping, domestic water booster pumps system, rough-in water lines for owner furnished bus washing equipment.
· Installed AHUs, VAV boxes, Boilers, ductwork, heating water lines and energy recovery system.
· Delivered the project on time and under budget.
· Completed the project with zero safety incidents
A Closer Look
CSUSA Indiana secured the project through a competitive bid process after the original selected mechanical contractor went bankrupt one month before project was to commence. CSUSA Indiana hit the ground running by procuring all material and equipment submittals in 2 weeks prior to starting plumbing underground in May of 2017.
The project included variable air volume (VAV) mechanical systems, heating hot water pumps for hot water system, boilers, energy recovery system and Johnson Controls HVAC direct digital control system.